The ginkgo trees
are changing into Fall...
and that means
it is time to start thinking about pumpkins
and all the yummy things you can make with them...
As I continue to explore
repairing my immune system
I am finding new ways to
enjoy the alchemy of making delicious food.
This is one of my newest finds
from Paleo Indulgences, by Tammy Credicott
with a few tweeks of my own to make it work for me.
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- 1 - 14 oz (400 mL) can of coconut milk
- 2/3 cup (160 g) canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 18 drops of liquid stevia*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
*Tammy uses 1/3 to 1/2 cup (80 -120 mL) pure maple syrup
1) I put everything into a mason jar with a lid, which makes it easy to shake and mix
and then store in the fridge for an hour our more until ready to put into the ice cream maker.
2) Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker
and follow the instructions for your machine.
3) Scoop into your favorite serving dishes,
garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a cinnamon stick,
Because this ice cream gets rock hard when leftovers are kept in the freezer, I scoop a dollop into a silicon muffin tin. Once hardened, I store the scoops in a container which makes them easy to remove and slightly defrost for a tasty afternoon or after dinner treat.