Not exactly a smoothie
nor a juice,
but definitely refreshing & revitalizing
with a bit of coconut oil to get your blood-sugar balanced
and your brain working again!
So I'm calling it a slurpee!
Lea's Lemon-Lime Energy Drink
Makes approximately 20 oz.
Please use organic!
- 2 cups of coconut water (you can use plain, filtered water)
- 1/2 a lemon with the rind (I used a Meyer Lemon)
- 1/4 lime with the rind
- 1 inch nob of fresh ginger, rind included (I keep one inch pieces of ginger in my freezer so I have fresh ginger on hand anytime I need for smoothies or cooking)
- 1 tsp of coconut oil (cold-pressed unrefined)
- 6 fresh mint leaves (omit if you don't have any handy)
- 6 drops of stevia (I used Valencia Orange flavored. You could also use a tsp of honey)
Whirl all ingredients in your blender. pour into a tall glass and enjoy!