Sunday Smoothie ~ Green Machine
This yummy, energizing, and filling smoothie recipe
is full of healthy fats, vitamins, and phytonutrients
and comes from the new book to be released this coming Tuesday,
February 23rd by Dr. Mark Hyman
(This link will take you to Dr. Hyman's website)
Eat Fat, Get Thin
(This link will take you to Amazon)
Green Machine Smoothie
Makes 1 Serving
Please use organic!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or nut milk of your choice. Here's my recipe for homemade almond milk.)
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp. powdered matcha green tea
- 1/4 avocado (orig. recipe called for 1/2 avocado)
- 2 Tbls. hemp heart seeds
- 1 lime (the squeezed juice)
- 2 oz of spinach, which is about two handfuls (I keep a large bag of spinach in my freezer so I always have some on hand for smoothies or cooking)
Blend with 1 Tbls of cacao nibs (I've added this step as a regular ingredient to this smoothie!)
There's still something missing for me in the taste... it could go a little more sweet with a tsp. of cinnamon or slip on over to the savory side with a pinch of salt...
Top with cacoa nibs and bee pollen as shown in my photo
- Blend all ingredients, including cocoa nibs if desired, and drink just as it is, or top with bee pollen and/or cocoa nibs!